Monday, March 06, 2006

regarding podcasting and advertisers

I posted this on the cat fish show blog and i just wanted to add it here for some other reason.


I do not think anyone would of thought about money off of podcasting with out AdamCurry and his quest for money. I think everyone thought it was a cool hobby and something to do and meet some cool people along the way.

Even Old radio people just thought it was a way to get back behind the mic.

AC talking about money and starting podshow forced other into thinking they deserved a piece of the pie.

Ads do not change podcasters, and selling out will not happen in this medium. I think Ads take something away from the podcast. The spontenaity (sp) is sort of lost when an ad is now played, read or talked about. There is a sense of obligation to the advertiser to "do good", and that takes away from the 'realness' of the podcaster. Ads will be part of this medium, i am sorry to say

and my rambling thought above might make more sense if I had time to explain them clearer, but I hope you get the Jist/gist.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

You really do need to stop the spam comments. Anyway, you write a mean post on the KatG forums and I think you should write more on your blog. You're an introspective individual who usually has interesting things to say. I'll keep checking back.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home