Thursday, April 07, 2005

I think we need to discuss politics and religion with our friends and family. Not to change their minds, but to discuss issues that effect all of us. If we only preach to the choir, we will never know what the other side is thinking.

An Open minded person should be able to hear, listen and understand what someone else is saying.

Someone has an opinion and a belief, listen to it, that way you know their feelings and understand their position on issues. We can all agree to disagree, but if we just stop talking about politics or religion we have just closed off ourselves to Half of america.

Debates are healthy, arguments are a waste of time. So Know you facts and talk it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

I don't mind at all when religion comes up. Politics I avoid b/c I am not educated enough to have an intelligent conversation. But ask me about my faith, my religion, my beliefs or lack thereof and you'll get an earful.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home